33 / Process – Space Art Festival
8 – 18 July 2022 – Balchik
Motto: “Votive Offering“
In 2022 Process - Space Art Festival celebrates 30th anniversary. On this occasion were invited participants with emblematic performances over the years, as well as new authors who will participate for the first time. The motto that will unite us is the “Votive Offering”. This sacred concept can be considered ambiguously. On one side, the Votive Offering testifies to the creation of a center for contemporary art in Bulgaria and marks the beginning of an already thirty-year old tradition. On the other hand, we consider the Votive Offering, as a pledging, a self-surrender in an idea as a concept of existence. Stefan Lyutakov's "Cross" on the hill, (whose history few know about) acquired over the years the status of an emblem of the white city, testifies to these 30 years of dedication and enthusiasm, which turned the city of Balchik into an artistic center of contemporary art. "The Cross" is a work from the first festival held in Balchik in 1992. In this sense, we can consider it as the embodied memory of the festival and the host city. The concercated ground is an engaging place with its specifics. Through another prism, however, it carries many meanings that are related to art as a ritual, as a sacred act of creation.
Atanas Totlyakov (Bulgaria), Group М&М – Milena Stamboliyska & Milena Atanasova (Bulgaria),
Dimitar Yaranov (Bulgaria), Elena Panayotova (Bulgaria), Jenya Kaleva (Bulgaria),
Momchil Georgiev (Bulgaria), Nocolae Velciov (Romania), Şevket Sönmez (Bulgaria / Turkey), Valery Chakalov (Bulgaria), with the special distant participation of Didier Mahieu (Belgium)
Ivan Kostovlov (Bulgaria / Germany) – experimental music
Milen Dzhanovsky (Bulgaria) – site specific objects
08. 07. (Friday) – Opening of the festival with presentation and talk with the participants and the organizers – Culture – Information Center “The Mill” – Concert Hall 5th floor – 19:00 h.
13. 07. (Wednesday) – Workshop – working with resin, dedicated to Dimitar Grozdanov – Art Gallery Balchik – yard – 11:00 – 12:00 h.
18. 07. (Monday) – Opening of the exhibition with the works of the 33rd Festival – Culture – Information Center “The Mill” – Exhibition Hall 3rd floor – 19:00 h.
18. 07. (Monday) – Projection of the film “Dante and the Air feather” about Process – Space Art Festival and its founder Dimitar Grozdanov, with producer Hristina Bobokova, director Dimitar Lipovansky and sctipt-writer Tzveta Nenova – Culture – Information Center “The Mill” – Concert Hall 5th floor – 19:30 h.
18. 07. (Monday) – Ivan Kostolov (Bulgaria / Germany) – Culture – Information Center “The Mill” – Exhibition Hall 3rd floor – 20:00 h.
Organizers: Penka Mincheva, Hristina Bobokova
Sponsors: Balchik Municipality and Bobokovi Family
Partners: Union of Bulgarian Artists